Σάββατο 6 Ιουλίου 2013

"Resume" or "Manly Skills"

After a couple of days that got me a little bit left behind and changed my routine, I was thinking about sleeping for the 8 hours we were talking about a couple days ago, with day 4 task, "increase your testosterone" and more than that manage to wake up a little earlier and slowly make my way to waking up in the morning instead of the afternoon.
But, there came something I did not expect. A strange, loud and echoing sound woke me up. While still not really awake, I was thinking that a wall fell and destroyed everything in the livingroom. While jumping out of bed, my girldfriend also woke up and scared from the sound and me jumping over her and out of bed she started screaming. There I really don't understand what went through my mind, i grabbed her shoutet to her face "Keep calm" and she got so scared from my tone of voice that she stoped screaming and turned the other way. I was too preoccupied thinking that I would make it out in time to save some of the destruction. Once I was in the livingroom i started calming down, everything was normal and my brain actually started to work. Right at the time my brain started working, i reallized the door was open. I had checked on it twice before bed, and my girlfriend had checked too. That got me confused... I tried to close it, and then I understood. Somebody had broken in. Aparently the sound was the door and the screaming scared the intruder away. Lucky enough he didn't grab anything.
No real harm done! I wouldn't expect somebody to break into a house in this little city... It's such a calm city, and us eing just students having nothing someboy could actually steal I did really not expect somebody to break into our house!
I got shocked by the combination of somebody trying to breakin, and of how easy it was for him... I had never really though about the safety of the house since i didn't expect something to really happen. So after that i had to repair the door, and of course come up with something to make the house safer in just a few hours, and without having to spend a lot of money.
All this work on the doors and windows, that's what made me feel manly today!

Allong with all this, of course my "30 days to a better man" quest continues.
Todays task, compared with what life threw at me, seems to have nothing manly about it...
"Update your Resume". I have to say, life made me more manly today, the quest didn't...

But more about the resume on a dedicated post....

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου