Σάββατο 13 Ιουλίου 2013

Day 13: Declutter your life

This one is a simple task for me, but there is much to enjoy in this!
As a teenager, I used to have a room full of stuff, I didn't even know myself what i did and did not have. Maybe you could  call me a hoarder, but I wasn't atteched to those items.
When I turned 19, I had to live a life where i travel 2 days a week... Constantly being on the move, i only had my laptop and my clothes. After living like that for some months, coming back to a room full of stuff was full of excitement! I started going through all those items, tested what worked and after a couple of weeks that I had been working on it, half the stuff was thrown out. I reallized I felt better having less stuff and knowing what is there and where it is. I also realised that I wasn't the same person I was 3 years ago. Items I would use all the time 3 years ago, now seemed useless and made their way to the trash. After a while, I started working, and I needed old clothes to wear at work. That had me going through all my clothes to find clothes for my job. Soon, my wardrope had half of the clothes in there, since I had grown and some would not fit, while at the same it it became organized, on the left side i had work clothes and on the right regular clothes.
After all that, i started decluttering every now and then, keeping my room clear and having only what I needed in there. Recently, I moved again, and since I have made no clutter at all! I only buy things I need, I only keep things I need, I always take up any little piece of garbage the first time i will go by it. I feel good whenever I do such kind of chores around the house, I like everything being organized, in place, easy to reach but still not in the way!

So actually, I can't make this task! I have nothing to throw out, I have no better way to organize everythin!

On the other hand, my digital files is all messed up! I have 2 laptops, 1 netbook, a tablet and 2 hard drives. Files are all over those devices, and many times I have to stop working on one of them, grab the other, transfer some files and continue. I know there are technologies out there that can syncronise my files, but i don't want to use something like that.  Just as in real life, I like to have my files, but also keep something on me to make notes etc, but in the end of the day, everything gets organized in one place. I've just let that go for a while, having a huge mess...
So for today, I'll declutter my pc's. Gather all the files I need on one hard drive, which I'll also make a server for the house, delete anything not needed, organize everything in the best suited way, reinstall windows on the netbooks (since i've been thinking of it for a couple of months) and format my old laptop, having it battle-ready for any case that it may be needed!

Lot's of work! But I like it! I'm gonna get to it right now!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου