Τρίτη 2 Ιουλίου 2013

30 days to knowing my self, day two

July 2nd today, so I have to move on with my own version of "30 days to a better man" by The Art Of Manliness.
Todays task is to shine your shoes. Brett says you should get all your dress shoes, but here comes some fun. I have none!
In total I have maybe 5 or 6 pairs of shoes, but thei are spread between my fathers house, my own house and my girlfriends house.None of them are dress shoes though.
So what do I do? I shine my shoes! Right here, I have 2 pairs, one pair of running shoes, and one pair of boots. My boots were in great condition, Just about a month ago i prepared them to stay for the summer, and that means shining them and putting on something for the leather to be conditioned (unfortunately I don't know what it is called in english). So I went on and cleaned my running shoes, and they needed it after all!
But that doesn't do much of a task! So, i took the chance and cleaned up my laptop, my netbook and did a little more aroun the house than normaly.
After that, I took some time to read other posts about shoes on the Art of Manliness. While reading those, what i felt was that Brett's opinion is a man must walk around dressed in Shirts,dress shoes and ties. Well, that wont work for me! And trying to look like a professional while not being one is not something  I fancy! I see a lot of people my age going out in expensive costumes, thinking they are more of a man for some reason, while they don't have any characteristic of being a man. Clothing doesn't make a man... And honestly, all the men I look up upon, don't dress sharp!
Not that I don't respect a man for dressing sharp, it's his choise and if it makes him happy then it's more than good! For me personaly, I like the looks, but I don't see the reason...! Later in my life, maybe I'll be a sharp dresser too! But at the context of my life, there is no reason for such kind of clothing. I can wear jeans and a t-shirt with some work boots, and be very stylish, while a tie would make me look funny...

All in all, the task went well, i got to define my self a little more, and that's good! Looking forward for tomorrow!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου